Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WHY I KEEP A SMILE ON MY FACE?

Always, always, always remember to smile no matter what you go through in life.

There was a time I was about 11 and broke my arm. The shit split in half, still I smiled

The pain was unbearable but the joy of playing the sport I loved made it worth it.


One day I walked about 2hours in the freezing cold. It wasn't funny, still I smiled


My feet were killing me from each step, but spending that drunk nite wit my lil bro was worth it.



During my college days, there I was sitting in a cell. It smelled like shit, still I smiled

Getting arrested in America is typical if ur black, the lesson learned was worth it.

I remember this nite we got jumped by almost 100 people. Scary as hell, we laughed all the way home.

My pants were torn, swollen ear, battered ego but at least we lived to joke about it.

I remember loosing my heart, MY GRANDMA.


I smile because there's nothing more I can ask for. I am blessed to be on Earth so I enjoy it.

TAKIN THE GOOD WIT THE BAD because I know that's how we live life as AFRICANS.

Stress isn't built into my DNA, since we were little life was always tuff so as adults it's the norm.


    • this seems so real to me lol. I could smell the canned paint that sprayed that oil to mark the field. We used to slip at times on it. Remember the pig sty to the top right corner cuz we used to climb up there cuz I loved animals. We ran no matter the situation and always cheered for our house to win that bull. Remember the marathon runs we did through the main road, thru the woods near the lake and out again onto the final lap. No shoes just straight heart. I used to stop and eat mangos, it was fun. It's funny how my house is in the lead. I have to capture this day just to show a glimpse of what we went thru. Hella fun! ST SAVIO in Entebbe 

No comments:

Post a Comment