Thursday, February 23, 2012

COOKIN 1 0n 1: Experimental Cooking

Ugali, Mixed Veggies with Chicken flavored na Bacon strips
These items u can find in anyone's kitchen so I decided to make me a meal that I knew I would eat.
CHICKEN
First I seasoned the chicken like 4hours before with sazon seasoning, hence the red color.
Then I placed it in the oven for 1hour n a half. High heat like 390 for 40mins.
Then low heat for the rest with bacon trips on top for the entire process. that flavor does kick in.

VEGGIES
 Second I cut up some onions, fried the onions on high heat in a pan of a pinch of cooking oil.
After which I placed the frozen vegetables straight into the pan of onions. Let them defrost.
Then I placed a small amount of tomato sauce and a squeezed lime juice in the veggies stir.

UGALI
Get some cornmeal, u have to guesstimate with your eye doing this one.
Turn your faucet to hot and let the water come to a boiling point. Place that water in a cooking pan.
Depending on the amount your trying to cook depends on the water to cornflour ratio.
It's always better to have half the pan filled with water and the other half waiting just in case.
Start mixing in the flour until you get to a desired amount.
Keep stirring round and round the corn flour for about 30minutes until it begins to rise.
Serve hot and make it look presentable.

I'll have more pictures next time. I was hungry this time so I didn't have time.
Cooking is all trial and error, some things work some don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment