Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Great Article but stupid thing to say! - "Why I don't Do Pity Sex"

IGNORING THE SHOULDER RUB: Why I don't do pity SEX
By Arielle Loren
We’ve all been there. It’s 5am in the morning; your partner comes out of a dream horny, and slowly slides their hands to your shoulder to gently wake you from your deep slumber. As you’re pulled from your beautiful dream vacation in Tahiti, you realize that no, you’re not being woken up for an emergency, instead your partner is slowly beginning to kiss your neck in hopes of making you aroused. You glance over at the alarm clock. It’s hours before you have to be at work.
Really? Did you REALLY just pull me out of my sleeping glory just so you can get some?
At least, that’s what crosses your mind. You have a choice to make. You either decide to conjure up your hormones to enjoy this awakening or you choose to put sleep first.
I choose the latter. I almost always ignore the shoulder rub or tell my partner to chill out.
I’m not the best morning person. It typically takes me a minute to get my mind right when I wake up and if you say anything to me in the first 20 minutes after waking, I likely won’t remember. When it comes to sex, I’m all or nothing. Either I’m fully present and ready to make your toes curl or I’m asking you to get off me because I’m not in the mood. I love sex as much as the next person, but I truly believe in honoring my body’s needs and not forcing my vagina to do anything it doesn’t want to.
But there are those that beg to differ, those who grant their partner that early morning quickie while silently hoping that they’d finish as soon as possible. I get it. In particular, when dealing with a male partner, most wake up with hard-ons. But there’s no point in entering sex tired and irritated just because your partner would prefer to stroke instead of releasing on his own.
I’ve had this conversation with my girlfriends, and most are tired of getting that early morning shoulder rub.
“Without fail, it always happens. We have sex the evening before, go to sleep exhausted and peaceful. And then he wakes me up at 5am,” said one of my home girls. She wasn’t even talking about the same dude either. It seems to be a recurring pattern with most of her male partners.
So I asked her if she gave him some after he woke her up. She replied yeah with a bit of agitation in her voice. I told her that the opposite of that word would save her a lot of grief and sleep. What’s so hard about telling your partner no when you’re not in the mood?
I recognize that there are two (or more) people to please in a sexual relationship, but with the right communication and conversations, I’m sure that the parties involved can express what times are not best for sex. After all, it’s important that sexual partners be on the same page when it comes to pleasure. Sex is supposed to reduce stress and cater to our desires, not become aggravating.
Do you grant your partner pity sex? Or are you always in the mood? Speak on it!

  1. sunshyne84
    Sometimes, but don’t expect much out of me.
  2. avatarCynika
    i’m most likely to be the one to wake him up & i cant be w somebody thats not always ready lol- i dont see anything wrong w spontaneity & i swear u give the worst relationship advice. everything isnt just about what u want, sometimes u gotta do stuff just bc the other person would do it for u- thats how women get cheated on. all the rules & attitude, just lay back & go w the flow.
    • avatarOSHH
      Again, all the wild monkey acrobatic spontaneous marathon sex in the world, won’t keep anyone from cheating, if that is what in their hearts.
      Not having a voice in a relationship is far more detrimental to one’s well being than being able to communicate one’s likes and dislikes IMO.
      ITA with Au Napp as well.
  3. avatarTia
    Honey, at me and my husband’s age I am just happy that he can still roll over and act like he want it even when I back it up! lol!!!!
  4. avatarStacyAustralia
    Did I misread something? I see a lot of you talking about sex as a way of keeping someone from cheating. I definitely know that’s not the case. In a monogamous, committed, exclusive relationship Sex should be priority (or maybe I’m just different because I have a high sex drive *shrugs*)
  5. avatarCurlySue
    I’m literally embarassed reading these comments. This site is full of intelligent women but as soon as sex and men are brought up, it’s straight back to whatever crap your grandma told you. If the men you are with can’t understand that you’re not a semen receptable 24/7, he’s not much of a man. And all this paranoia over him cheating on you! Good god! Flip the script. If you asked your man for sex and he said he was tired, would you run out in the middle of the night and cheat? Most likely not. So, why do you anticipate that your man will? Here’s a secret: Adult men are just as capable of being faithful as a woman. Even in the ups and downs of a long-term relationship. Y’all are throwing the P at these men like that will keep them. It won’t. If he wants to cheat, he will. If he wants to leave, he will. Just be a good gf/wife, be intimate when it feels right, and make him feel loved. Anything else is totally out of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment