Friday, January 27, 2012

GIFTED VOCALIST - Linah from THT

I don't remember the exact date but while in Tanzania I attended this great event known as The Red Ribbon Fashion Gala. First off in TZ everyone is always behind schedule including myself. For an event that listed 7PM as the starting point everyone started arriving close to 9PM. It's okay to do that because we own the town, if the big bosses wonna come late there's nothing you can do. 

Clouds Rep - Helen Kazimoto, Date
It was a really nice event that raised a ton of money for a great cause. In this event they had designers showing off their latest creations and also an auction to raise funds. I looked great that day but couldn't compete with company pockets. The ticket itself was a 100,000 shillings almost $100 based on purchasing power. People were purchasing items through the auction in upwards of $3000 to five grand. Russell Simmons sneakers even fetched a pretty penny, I think it was $2000. Luckily it was for a great cause so no quarrels here. I was invited last minute so my outfit was by accident. In order to cope, I borrowed my nephew's sneakers, mind you they were just out the box. And managed to just throw a jacket on because my laundry wasnt even washed. No matter what you wear never forget deodorant and a great cup of confidence. Just being confident goes a long way no matter what you're wearing.
What does this event have to do with the featured artist? Well, this is the place where I was blessed to hear her sing. Listening to an artist on the radio, youtube or tv is totally different from being live. Some artists have flare in front of the camera but lack that presence to perform for an audience. This young lady was quite different from the opening track till the last goodbye. 

She complemented this event in an amazing way, I admit she's not gonna wow you with her dance moves but she's a real vocalist. 

Just from observing which is something I do a lot to Bongo Celebs, she's cool. I've ran into her several times and she was always cordial.

In comparison although the artists here have millions upon millions invested into their projects. I can compare her to Ashanti if I choose to say so.
These two videos have the same message but it's better portrayed in the latter because of capital. If you understood Swahili and also watched "Rain on Me" it's almost the same message.

I think she has a bright future and pretty soon, I know we'll be working together on several projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment