Wednesday, January 25, 2012

RAP DUDE versus the R&B FELLOW



I've always thought to myself why do people get on my case for listening to so much R&B?
I can actually sit throughout the entire day just jamming to R&B tracks. The rest of my peoples jus sit back and bump RAP all day as if they're going to war.  Yes, I understand the rhymes and getting the message and it does require superior creativity compared to talent for singing. I get it, its clear & understood.
DMX - Slippin' (Zone Out Session)
On my side, every choice of music has it's time and place. I just cannot listen to RAP songs all day because of my personality. My mind always wonders and am prone to imitate what I hear. So if I sit for an entire four(4) hours bumping to hardcore rap songs am liable to do something stupid. Not like ama shoot someone or start dealing powder but it puts me on the edge. During the entire day I'll be pushy or just aggressive towards casual situations. Someone cuts me in line am flipping, someone cuts me off and am out my car, just little things. Thus just ME!

In turn, I realize for me to be able to function as a normal person, being social/collaborative I have to slow it down and cool my nerves. I spend 60% of my day almost rapping through arguments with family and business contacts so MUSIC to me is a relief. I am used to expressing myself just like a rapper, I usually don't need a second voice to egg me on to flip out.

NAS - One Mic (Great Setting for the Video)

There comes a time though when RAP is required, if I am driving and need to get somewhere in time. Yes, then ama need RAP as my artificial REDBULL. A drive that would take 15minutes takes just five. Let's say I just need inspiration before a game, job interview or even approaching a certain female I'll  turn up my headphones. I do have a true appreciation for RAP, it's like ALCOHOL. It's great but has to be taken in moderation.

At this point rite now am on J Cole & Rick Ross, in reference to back home am looking forward to working with rappers such as FID Q, Mwana FA, of course the people's champ Juma Nature, CPwaa, Chidi and the list goes on. I am very proud of the artists we have in Tanzania, slowly but surely we're catching up. 

J Cole
Mwana FA from TZ
FID Q w/ Fat Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment