Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Round Hii" - Tin B & Kebin B (DIRECTOR)

So while in Dar es salaam and I say cities instead of Africa or the country in order to inform those that need to learn. While in Dar es salaam I was running around all over the place busy trying to make a name for myself besides GUA. Everyone there, well at least most people recognize me from the show. I wanted to work on a few projects to show my creative side which at times my sister Bea thinks is very limited.

During a short shooting for a Comedy Sketch I happened to be helping the director on different viewpoints. I was able to meet up with these young upcoming comedian who needed to shoot his 1st video. Sometimes we look at ourselves differently but when you recognize hustle and see someone who just needs that extra push you offer your help.

I promised to listen to his song and see if it made sense to even make such a video. Couple days later they managed to coordinate everything and there I was in Ilala shooting my 1st video in TZ. TZ = Tanzania

Ilala is like an urban environment and the same personalities and characters u'd see in Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx it's the same kids running around the video shoot. Some where just funny huuuh huh type of dudes, others maybe needed to just nab my film equipment. The shooting went great tho without a hitch and everyone was very respectful and polite towards the project.

I remember this scene we didn't even have loud speakers and young dude at work offered to lend his sound system. The shoot took the entire day with one camera man, like 7 locations but in the end it was a job worth while.

Some people wait for the perfect opportunity to have the perfect set with a full team. Me: I just go! Get my camera, use the little skills I have to make a minimal difference in another person's life. No need to raise money, or make a charity or whatever. You just go interact with people, be normal and they'll respect you for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment